Tuesday, March 3, 2009

POTD: Tappity Tap Shoes

That's what Alayna calls them... She's so funny.

She told the sales lady at Payless... "Those are my tappity tap shoes so I can tappity tap in my ballet class!" The lady couldn't help but laugh and me too. So the whole car ride home she made up songs about her tappity tapping in tappity tap shoes. I really wish I could have shot video of her... she was a riot.

This will be her first time in dance and she's very excited and seems eager to get started. I danced throughout high school and LOVED it. I always knew I wanted to have a daughter so she could take ballet. Of course I would never force it upon her. But lately she's shown a real interest in ballet... all on her own. So right away I signed her up! We've been having fun shopping for her shoes and outfits while Diego is at school. She loves picking everything out and making outfits. I also going to make her some tutus since the ones we've seen are ridiculously expensive. I hope she really does like it.

She starts next friday so more pictures of my Little Ballerina soon.

12 comments:

janett said...

Tappity tap shoes, how cute! Can't wait to see those shots!

Christy said...

Such a cute story and cool photo. You'll have to keep us posted on how she likes it.

Angela2932 said...

Nice processing and composition!

Becky said...

It's so fun to see our kids take up one of our loves, isn't it? Great composition.

Meaghan said...

So cute! Great shot. I love the processing.

Steph said...

So cute. I'm sensing cute dance pictures on the horizon! :)

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable shoes! I love the burned edges of the photo.

Anonymous said...

Her shoes are SO cute. I can't wait to see the recital pictures already.

Diana said...

her shoes are so cute. I hope to see her in full ballerina gear soon!

Suzy said...

What darling shoes! Can't wait to see her recital pix!

shirley said...

I loved tap as a child - what a great picture - I love the colors and vignette.

Wanda said...

Michelle ~~ I'm so sorry I haven't been around for such a long time. Much going on...

But I just scrolled down and you have some wonderful pictures.

Take care !! Love the little tapper!