Monday, February 2, 2009

POTD: I HATE MONSTERS

And no I don't mean the imaginary creature living under our beds... I mean that stinky drink in a can.

Over a year ago when I was pregnant with Arielle, my husband started drinking Monsters. And being that I was pregnant I couldn't STAND the smell of them. But he continued to drink them. So much that he's been addicted ever since. He has to drink one every morning even if he knows I hate them. Not only do them smell bad... but I am trying to convince him that they are bed for him. And he already is a smoker and doesn't eat well to begin with... so you can see where I may concerned. He gets so grouchy if he doesn't have one every day.

So today I was running some errands in the morning after dropping of Diego at school. Junior is off on Mondays so he stayed at home with the girls and got them ready. Arielle had a Dr.'s appointment today so I was coming back to pick them up. Almost getting to the house Junior calls me and asks me to stop at Walgreens and buy him a Monster. Knowing that we have a long day ahead of us with appointments and errands I decide to get him one. I expressed my NON excitement in buying it too.

So as I am paying the cashier named Gloria (she's an older lady who's worked there since I was in high school and pregnant with Diego) says, "I haven't seen your husband in here anymore..." So I tell her that he usually buys his cigarettes and Monsters at the Pilot Truck Stop next to his job now because it's more convenient. She goes on to tell me that those drinks are bad for him and asking me how can he drink so many. So I tell her... I hate them. I wish he wouldn't drink them. And they smell. She laughs and then I add... I hate buying these STUPID drinks! After saying goodbye I walk out and go to my car.

As I am getting in I think to myself... "You stupid drink... I am not putting you on my (passenger) seat because if you roll around and pop on my seat I will be so angry..." So I lean over and lay it ever so gently on the floor of the passenger side...

And what do you know... the second I let it go... the stupid can explodes!!! As I scramble to pick it up before it pours everywhere (or more than it already has)... I drop my soda which hasn't been opened yet and it gets all shook up. So I drive home holding a sticky can and a shaken up soda.

I go inside to tell Junior my story and yelling about how I HATE Monsters. All this seems quite comical now. But I am totally convinced they hate me just as much as I hate them. And now Junior will have to go buy his own... this was the last time I touch those things.

1 comments:

Steph said...

Ha ha! That is a funny story, but I would be annoyed too!