Tuesday, February 17, 2009

POTD: My Valentine Loot

My husband is the absolute best. Seriously. And I think even more after we watched the movie Fireproof together.

Junior has always tried to do his best to give me what I want... physically, emotionally, and all things in between. He knows when we argue to let me win. When I am sad he lets me cry on his shoulder and lets me wipe my face on his shirt. (That's love) When I am happy he is happy. And when I am excited or motivated he's usually there to be my fan and tell me how much he believes in me. I can ALWAYS count on him to boost my confidence.

He also likes to spoil me a lot. But the past few years have been hard on us and we haven't always had the luxuries that most people enjoy... like our own place, or cars even! He feels bad about it... but like I've told him a million times... I don't love him for what he can give me materially... but the fact that he loves me and our kids unconditionally and does what he does for us. And he does a lot sometimes! He even takes care and worries about my Mom more than anyone I know. How awesome is it that I have a husband who will sacrifice so much of himself for my parents ors family for that matter. He definately has his flaws but his intentions are always the purest.

And this Valentines Day he went above and beyond! He seriously surprised me! I still don't really have the words to describe how grateful I am to have him as my husband. My heart swells just talking about him and the kindness that he has in his heart. He's amazing, amazing, AMAZING!

I wasn't expecting anything because our Valentine's are usually quiet nights spent at home with a home cooked dinner... and some movies and popcorn afterward. But I got this:





I also have a few more Nintendo DS games on reserve as soon as they come in... he already paid for them.

And I got TWO lenses for my new camera that should be arriving tomorrow! (I will be anxiously awaiting the man in the brown truck... he's actually coming to MY house!)


Thank You Junior! You are so good to me and I can't figure out what I do to deserve all that you do for me. I've always told you that you are my angel and I believe that. I love you to infinite and beyond.

Love, Your Very Very Happy Wife

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Nice! Care to share your DH? TFS.

Steph said...

Holy cow! I bet you are so excited to have your new camera Can't wait to see what you do with it. Have fun!

Liz said...

WOW! What a lucky girl! He is a total sweetheart for sure.

Anonymous said...

Umm...ok...can I borrow your husband for a few weeks. LOL. What a sweetheart.

I know how it is to struggle. Its been rough for us the past few years, and we are just now starting to straitened out and have the extra spending money...in the end...I have learned so much from the struggle though on what is really important.

Reds said...

OMG!!! That is a lot of gifts!!! You are one lucky girl!!! :) You have a great husband to spoil you like that but even more so for being there for you through good and bad times!! :)

pat said...

Wow--what a great husband--to hang in through good times and bad. Love the tshirt under all the goodies. He is a gem!

Mom2Drew said...

My draw is dropping wow...!!

Suzy said...

Holy cow a phone, camera and ds!? I think he's made up for not doing much other years lol!! But seriously this post of yours just about brought me to tears because it reminds me of my hubby and I as well. We might not have what others do but it seems like we (and you) have something that many don't! Great post!!