Saturday, February 21, 2009

POTD: Phoenix Children's Museum

I got a text message a few days ago from my cousin Gianna that the Children's Museum was having free admission today. So yesterday I checked out the website since I had never heard of the place before and was curious to see what it was like. So I called my sister-i-law Jen and asked if she wanted to go with me and the kids.

So today we went. We only got to be there for an hour because we had to wait to be let in they closed at 4pm.

I really loved it and so did the kids... we tried to see as much as possible in an hour and rushed them along from station to station. (I am planning on going back again soon so we can see it all with patience.) They seemed to really love it too. It was fun and educational.

What I loved most about it is that everything there is made out of something else. They recycle things as artwork, decor, and use it everywhere.

When you walk in there is a giant wall covered in a curtain of cds. It really looks awesome in person.



Then there is also mobiles made of paper cranes of all different sizes. I remember making those when I was little. I was totally facinated by the mobiles... I don't even think the kids looked up once to notice them.



Old shoes covered the wall to the entrance of the Toddler area. They also had stroller parking just to the other side of it.



Inside the toddler area the dividing curtains were made of pink pong balls... beads... and shiny disks. Totally cool.



And these were the mirrors in the bathroom. Crazy Haha.




If you want to read more about our time there... Go Here!

0 comments: